07 March 2007

The Young Folks

It's unrealistic to document absolutely all that I take in. So, instead, I will write about the things I like or really disliked. I'm not so sure I want to keep a list of everything. That's just boring card cataloging...and I'd rather be...blogging.

oh my.

best book recently read: Gift's from Eykis There is a chapter titled "The Secrets of the Universe". This book is very practical and teaches you reality-based thinking. I've applied some of the theories, formula's, and proverbs. So far so good. You can't give what you don't have.

films: I've seen many films since my last update... Brother's Keeper, Welcome to the Dollhouse, American Movie, Science of Sleep, Sex and Lucia, just to name a few. I've liked all of these. I didn't so much like The Gospel According to St. Matthew... looking forward to seeing his other film, though, Salo or 120 Days of Sodom. I found the written version by Marquis De Sade online. I've also found some of J.D Salinger's early short stories.

Here's both links:

http://www.globusz.com/ebooks/120Days/00000010.htm

the salinger one is somewhere in here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.D._Salinger



Have been to Paris since last post... the L'Ouvre was magical (photos on my facebook account)

Lately, fascinated by the art of Anthony Goicolea
http://www.anthonygoicolea.com

Joanna Newsoms Ys
is one of the best albums. I'm still soaking it all in. It inspires me. Inspired me enough recently to tell my dear friends that we should live together in an art commune. and we're going to do it, too.

gotta run. always on the run.

love my new best friend. his name is Hope Street.


1 comment:

random_rules said...

where is the commune going to be? can it be in philly (seriously)?